HOW TO CREATE A PRODUCTIVE WORKSPACE
Good Morning! For today’s post, I’ve listed a few tips for organizing your workspace and creating a productive one. I personally do all of these things, and they work really well for me.
- DESK LAMPS. Even if your room is bright, I would still put a lamp on your desk. A direct light source on your work will definitely help.
- ORGANIZE YOUR PENS. Don’t keep your pens or pencils scattered on your desk! I have all of my pens and markers in containers and masons jars.
- HAVE EXTRA SUPPLIES. Keep your extra supplies nearby. I keep extra looseleaf, pens, sticky notes, and anything else I may need on the shelves under my desk. If your desk doesn’t have shelves, you have always put them in fabric storage boxes, like this one.
These next few tips are for productivity in general:
- TAKE BREAKS. Take a short break every 20 minutes or so if you feel stressed out, it definitely makes a difference.
- PLAY MUSIC. Sometimes listening to a few songs helps me with my work. But recently, I’ve found that instrumentals work really well for me. Sometimes I focus on the words in a song rather than the work in front of me, so instrumentals help me stay focused.
- PLANNERS AND TO-DO LISTS. I HIGHLY recommend both of these. Personally, I always try to get everything done all at once, and that usually leaves me feeling exhausted. MAke a daily, or weekly to-do list, and only complete the things on the list. Planners also work well too, so you know all of the things that need to be done and when. I’ve created a daily planner for you all, you can download and print it here.